Monticello Media immediate opening for a full-time broadcast engineer.
Successful candidates should have a familiarity with radio broadcast operations including maintenance of broadcast automation and studio equipment, transmitter site RF equipment as well as possessing strong computer/IT skills.
· Maintains overall digital broadcasting electronic systems and related equipment for optimum transmission/broadcast performance
· Maintains traditional radio and digital broadcasting electronic systems and equipment including but not limited to RF switchers, transmitters, transceivers, studio consoles and associated audio equipment
· Responds to equipment outages, malfunctions, and related technical problems
· Conducts routine diagnostic testing, repair and replacement of all equipment used for radio stations broadcasts
· Assists clients, fellow technicians, and service personnel in the installation, training and support of software, hardware, and related 3rd party peripheral components, including but are not limited to file servers, commercial grade workstations, networking switches, NICs, monitors, KVMs, and radio equipment
· Documents equipment maintenance, repair, and replacements
· Makes decisions on test equipment, parts, and related tools needed for use in maintenance and repair
· Installs, maintains, and supports desktop computer equipment for internal users as well as company-owned sites within market
· Periodic travel to other Monticello Media locations to assist in equipment installation or troubleshooting
· Occasional night and weekend work is expected and must be on-call and available to respond 24/7
· Recommend and oversee the purchase of equipment necessary to produce a quality product and maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
· Assist management in the long-range planning for replacing station equipment and systems.
· The Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining station compliance with FCC, OSHA, FEMA, and FAA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures.
This is a service-oriented position requiring excellent written and oral communications as well as daily and personable interaction with executive management, programming and sales departments
· Must be able to work independently and as a team member
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an excellent driving record
· Must be able to climb ladders, work in small places and lift 50 pounds
A minimum of 5 years radio broadcast experience is required.
An associate degree or greater in a technical field or equivalent experience is required
SBE certification is a plus
Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
Location Charlottesville VA 481 Hillsdale Drive
Position Type: Full Time/Exempt
· Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options Voluntary health insurance is offered to all fulltime Company employees.
· Paid vacation and sick time
· The Company observes eight (8) paid holidays each year.
Contact: Mike Chiumento
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.